Organic Wuyuan Imperial Keemun
$22.00 – $130.00
Black Keemun, known as “red tea” in China, first came into vogue in the late 19th century.
Keemun is produced exclusively in the Qimen County of the Huangshan City, in Anhui province. Its body is lighter then most other black teas with characteristic smoky notes and a crisp stone fruit aroma. ‘Qimen’ black elicits a gentle, malty, non-astringent taste reminiscent of unsweetened cocoa. The top varieties like this Imperial, have an orchid-like fragrance and additional floral notes in the flavour, adding to the complexity and enjoyment of the cup.
- Teaspoon: 2 level
- Device: French press, brewt, mesh basket, cup infuser
- Water: 12 oz, less then 195ºF / 95º c
- Timer: 3 minutes
- Nuances: Nutty, hint of smoke
- Storage: Sealed light proof jar/tin in cool cupboard. keep away from heat & light source.
- Best Before: 3-6 Months depending on storage. Best used in the first 3 months after opening